Tampa Bay Lightning will let you sleep with the Stanley Cup for $5,000
If you’ve ever fantasized about spending the evening with the Stanley Cup, well, the Tampa Bay Lightning has you covered.
Today, the team announced a “Room & Boards” experience where a group of up to six fans can use Airbnb to book a night with the greatest trophy in sports.
The setting is a luxury loft at Amalie Arena that’s been converted to a fantasy suite complete with three beds and 1.5 baths. Booking opens at noon on Monday, April 19, and the only thing you apparently can’t do is touch the thermostat.
A literal overnight with Stanley—complete with hosts to attend to your needs—will cost you just $5,000, and proceeds from the promo go to the Lightning Foundation, which is passing the money to Crisis Center of Tampa Bay.
A press release says, “The lucky guest will be moving in for the night on Saturday, April 24,” and a rep for the Lightning confirmed that just one fan—"the first one to book it" through Airbnb—will get to drop $5,000 for the experience (hopefully that fan has five friends, or can at least sell the slots to make their money back).
See a list of benefits for the “Room & Boards” promotion below.
- Spend the evening with the most famous trophy in sports.
- Pop champagne during your own private happy hour.
- Enjoy a five-course champion’s feast.
- Get your own personalized player stall in the Lightning Locker Room.
- Enjoy private skate time on the Lightning’s home ice.
- Get a behind-the-scenes tour of the 670,000 square foot Amalie Arena
- Set off the tesla coil, sound the goal siren, take a Zamboni ride and get up close to the pipe organ.
- Catch a movie on the humongous Lightning Vision screen.
- Get some face time with Thunder Bug.
Support local journalism in these crazy days. Our small but mighty team is working tirelessly to bring you up to the minute news on how Coronavirus is affecting Tampa and surrounding areas. Please consider making a one time or monthly donation to help support our staff. Every little bit helps.